Sunday, January 17, 2010

Going Strong

Homemade spaghetti!!! It really doesn't get better than this. Kelsey has come a long way in her spaghetti making skills. Most husbands can identify with what I'm saying. I never complained before, I just ate the bad spaghetti with a grateful heart. But now that things are soooooo much better, I make comments like "This is the best spaghetti you have ever made. This so much better than last time. I can't believe how much better this is..." Usually, Kelsey gives me the stare and I quit. Recipe: sugarless red sauce, grass fed ground beef, whole wheat pasta.


Cajun shrimp and polenta. One of my new favorites. We had this for the first time at the Williamson's house. Simple yet delicious. Just shrimp in cajun seasonings and polenta.


Spaghetti squash. Not really good, not really bad. It's squash. What makes it worthwhile is its versatility. You can eat it sweet with a little butter and agave nectar or you can eat it savory as a pasta substitute.


So if you tilt your head sideways... This meal is a staple in our home. Crockpot beef, slow cooked in beer and salsa. Just add peppers and onions; slap it in a corn tortilla and you're good to go.
One of the questions we often get asked is, "What do you eat for snacks?" Lots of popcorn, fruit, toast with jam, almonds, and dried fruit. We're doing well.




1 comment:

  1. We eat spaghetti squash like spaghetti: with marinara sauce. My kids think it's spaghetti and there is no whining about eating vegetables. Plus you don't have carb overload by having bread with your meal.

    ReplyDelete