Monday, January 18, 2010

9th time's a charm!

So I've decided that bread making is not for the faint of heart... today, for the first time in two weeks, we had a winner. My 9th loaf of bread is delicious! From forgetting the butter, to bad yeast, to opening the top of the bread maker, to over kneading that stupid dough... I think I finally got it right. However I did perfect my meat loaf slicing skills along the way, as that's what the bread resembled most often. We love great harvest bread, and I had given in to the fact that we'd probably end up buying our bread there for the rest of our life, thank goodness for their punch card! But at almost $5 a loaf, I desperately needed to get this thing right... So, finally, we have a decent loaf, Praise the Lord! (Too bad I dropped it when it was still hot and the top got crunched down :( but at least it tastes good!)

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I'm so glad to hear of a success!!! Bread machine or by hand?

    ReplyDelete