Thursday, March 18, 2010

Budget update...

So everyone's been asking us about how we're affording to eat healthier, as it's the obvious more expensive route. I get a high out of coupon shopping and good deals, so it's actually been fun for me to see how cheap we can eat, but still eat good healthy food. One key is shopping at like six different stores, but luckily I like to run errands, and I have incredible kids that do great in the car and in carts. For example, we get raw honey at Morrow Brothers Fruit Market, Agave nectar at Costco, meat at New Seasons, (except shrimp which we get at Grocery Outlet), produce mostly at Winco, etc. etc. etc. Anyway, so far this month we're at $148 which includes eating out and coffee dates. Not too shabby... However we did both open an account at US Bank to get $75 free groceries, and I use a bazillion coupons for everything else (for example tonight I only used three coupons at Kmart but got Huggies for only $2). But I guess my hours of searching money saving blogs and printing coupons pays off! I'm hoping to stay under $200 this month, which seems doable seeing that I transferred a prescription to Safeway and got a $30 gift card, which I'll use with my $10 off $50 coupon and doubles to get over $50 worth of groceries for under $10. Sweetness.

1 comment: