Monday, February 8, 2010

Delicious soup!

My friend Beth just gave me a recipe for DELICIOUS lentil soup that is so easy and cheap! I made it last night for dinner and I had to convince Verge that it's still a meal even without meat. Beans and rice people, it equals a protein. Anyway, it's called Armenian Lentil Soup and all the ingredients equal about 800 calories, zero fat and super high in fiber for a full pot of soup. It's a delicious and healthy meal paired with a piece of toast.

Put 1 1/4 cup lentils, 10 cups water, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 tbs onion powder, 1/2 tsp salt, 6 chicken bullion cubes, 3 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp thyme, 1 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp paprika and 1/2 tsp oregano in a large covered pot and simmer for 1/2 hour then add 1/2 cup brown rice and simmer again for 1 1/2 hours. I add a little sour cream on top of mine, yum yum. Verge doesn't like anything white (except me :) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment