Sunday, April 11, 2010

same old, same old...

It's been a while since a post, blame it on nothing to write I guess. It's sunday morning and since 5 am I've had a roast with carrots and potatoes going in the crock pot for after church. we've been doing good... few cheat meals here and there, and we've definitely enjoyed them. I have put off bread making for a while and we've been enjoying great harvest loaves for the last few weeks. It's a good thing because they're $5 a loaf! Verge's parents were here for Easter so we did healthy cooking one day then went out to eat at Red Lobster the next. We splurged on all the good stuff, like pina coladas and their cheddar garlic biscuits! Yum! I transferred another prescription to Safeway so this month's food budget is looking sweet so far. I've been making a lot of soups (that usually start off being something else then morph into soup when the recipe doesn't work, but it's good to be flexible). We had baked tilapia this week that was awful. Verge thought it was decent I guess because he heated some up for lunch the next day, I kid you not when he pulled it out of the fridge I thought Lincoln had pooped his pants. Verge just said, "Nope, it's the fish." I think I'll steer clear of buying that for a while.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I think I should be offended. Is it the tilapia recipe I gave you!!!

    ReplyDelete